Re: Prehistoria CD-ROM???

Arrowsmith, Joan wrote:

> The CD-ROM Prehistoria is no longer in print.
>
> It is one of the most useful CD-ROMs we have in our elementary school
> library, and I wondered if anyone knows if it will be reissued, or
> hopefully brought up to date?

Joan, I don't know if it will ever be reissued, but I hope it is, with
some improvements.  It's about the best of the prehistoric-vertebrate
CD-ROMs that I have.  The others all focus almost exclusively on
dinosaurs.  I'd like to see Prehistoria upgraded with hotlinks and some
more animations and video clips about non-Mesozoic critters.

On the bright side, much of the useful content from Prehistoria can be
obtained in different form.  All of Prehistoria's individual-animal
descriptions and reconstructions come from a book called THE MACMILLAN
ILLUSTRATED ENCYCLOPEDIA OF DINOSAURS AND OTHER PREHISTORIC LIFE.  And
most of the video clips come from the four-hour PBS series called
DINOSAUR!, which was released in both VHS video and laserdisc formats.

-- Jon W.