AVIMIMUS PREMAX.

Pete Buchholz wrote of _Avimimus portentosus_..

> Other parts of the anatomy, such as the premaxilary with
> crenulations, and the antiorly displaced AOF with accesory foramina
> preserved in the rostrum fragment show that it probably belongs to
> an oviraptorosaur, and not any kind of avian.

Once again I will mention the possibility that the _Avimimus_ premax
does not go with the cranium of the genus, but may instead be from a
hadrosaur.

This may or may not be correct. But Pete's contention that a
crennulated premax would be suggestive of oviraptorosaurian
affinities are a little suspect aren't they? A vaguelly crennulated
premax has been figured for _Oviraptor mongoliensis_, but I'm not
convinced these represent proper crennulations (which should be
denticulate). And are they present in other oviraptorosaurs? Not as
far as I'm aware.

"I think running would be a good idea"

DARREN NAISH
darren.naish@port.ac.uk