theropod sunglasses?

   Hi everyone,

   I'm new here, so don't bite.
   I am rather surprised I haven't heard this before, ( has it been
mentioned?) but I think the big hornlets above the eyes if the large
theropods ( Allosaurus, Carnotaurus, etc...) could have been used to
block out the Mesozoic sun.  Today's sidewinder snake has adopted
similar protrusions above its eyes and they seem to do just fine at
protecting the eyes from the sun.  Does anyone think this is a valid
idea?

- Jordan Mallon