Re: Will The Real Luis Rey Please Stand Up

Love his work and have spent some time at his website. If I didn't make a
pittance, he and the rest of you paleolife artists would find a great
patron in me. Of course, you would probably have to put up with somebody
who placed form and beauty ahead of absolute accuracy.It was really the
way in which Luis poked fun at Speilburg that ticked me off. Speilburg has
the imagination, but a great many artists and technicians working
for him produced scenes impssible when I was a kid.I would have loved to
have seen his creations no matter what they were doing. Guess when you get
old, you appreciate things taken for granted today.

And, come on, you guys don't really make a pittance. I'm not an art
critic, but I'd suspect you get 5 or 6 figures for a painting or life
sized sculpture.I was really after the professional- ivory tower- puffed
up with his own importance type paleontologist and that's not Luis Rey.
Sorry guys.

Steve

Stephen Faust                   smfaust@edisto.cofc.edu