Re: Will The Real Luis Rey Please Stand Up

I've got heavy duty medical bills to pay ( some thoughtful fellow drove my
wife's car off the road and then left the scene of the accident ), but at
those prices, there has to be a way for me to get some originals. It may
take 6 months, but they would be well worth having.
There is a guy in Charleston that likes to paint game fish. He's very
good. They look real and the water around them looks wet. I know he makes
4 and 5 figures on some of them. Is it just because he can get better
exposure than you can?

I'd think the Charleston Wildlife Expo would be a neat place to display
your work. There everybody expects to see modern
animals. I wonder how buyers at the Expo would take to a series on
the ancestral birds everyone's been discussing?Just the thing for the
living or drawing room. Small, beautiful birds that are not quite birds,
attractive, delicate, novel, attracting comment, not the quail everyone's
used to no matter how well its done.You might go all out therapod walking
through the mists.People do buy pictures of rattlesnakes at the Expo, I
just think the rich conservatives might go for the dinobirds, the smaller
ones, and pay you what your worth.Primitive landscapes might go over well
to.Ever explore such markets? There is so much beauty in the work of the
paleolife artist. It would seem that it would be just as marketable as
accuracy for magazine / institutional purposes.And, the private patrons
have lots of cash. I could find out about the next Expo for you if you
would like me to.

Steve

Stephen Faust                   smfaust@edisto.cofc.edu