Dinogeorge Digest #6

Subj:   Re: flight and feathers
Date:   98-07-01 20:48:16 EDT
From:   Dinogeorge
To:     cadams@hh.gpz.org

In a message dated 98-07-01 17:52:22 EDT, cadams@hh.gpz.org
writes:

<< When flight was first evolving in the avian line, there may well have been
 frequent reversals.  When flight was poorly refined, and forelimbs were not
 highly modified, secondary flightlessness may have occurred many times.
 Notice that modern birds that have become secondarily flightless cannot use
 their forelimbs for either scansorial locomotion or prey acquisition; they
 are too highly modified.  But this was not true of early dino-birds.  I am
 by no means the first person to note these things. >>

This, in a nutshell, is the BCF thesis. Thank you very much; couldn't have
said it better myself.

Subj:   Re: Will The Real Luis Rey Please
Stand Up