Interest in Dinosaurs

Well, I guess I'll add my two cents worth....

Like most people, I see, my interest in Dinosaurs dates back to my
earliest memories.  I have no idea as to why, but I was always
fascinated with the creatures.  By the time I was in first grade, I was
pronouncing correctly the names of the ones that every child
known...Diplodocus, Triceratops, Pachycephalosaurus (that one took me a
while to get right, I will admit!), and many others.

No matter what it was, if it dealt with Dinosaurs, I loved it.  I
remember seeing "One Million BC", and my eyes , oggling at the sight of
a fur-clad (barely) Raquel Welch were instantly focused on the little T.
rex that rampaged through their village.  I remember "The Valley of
Gwangi", and I thjought how great, how absolutely WONDERFUL it would be
to be able to find a place where there were some prehistoric creatures
still alive.

And then there were the books.  I still have my earliest dino books with
me, and proudly display them in my library with every modern book that I
have.  Among these is the old Tell-A-Tale-Book titled "My Little Book of
Dinosuars", and a great pop-up book called, of course, "Dinosaurs, A
Pop-Up Book".  Even now, as I look through them, I can recall my early
wonder at these fabulous creatures, and I know that it is a feeling that
is undiminished.

Since those very early years, other sciences have captured my interest,
but I will always hold a place for Dinosaurs above all else.

A Fairly bland tale, perhaps, but there you have it.  And in regards to
JP...I was close to tears when, in the first movie, they top the grassy
hill and come face to foot with a wandering Brachiosaur.  I wasn't
bothered with its dull gray color, its rearing capabilities, or any
other innacurate item to be found there.  I was moved by the simple
emotion conveyed by the scene, and I knew that were I in Grant's shoes,
I too would have fallen to the ground and simply...watched, content.

Thanks for the patience, and best regards....
--
John M. Dollan
Montana State University- Northern