Re: art markets

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr. & Hecht wrote:
>> Science-fiction artists don't get
>> rich, but the best of them can make a living. -- Jef Hecht
>
> Agreed!

Even SF artists sometimes sell for a pittance.  Kelly Freas recently did
an acrylic of Robert and Ginny Heinlein for me, for a grand total of
$140.00. Actually, he only charged a hundred.  I tossed in the other
forty because I felt guilty (even now, I feel guilty).  If any of you
are Heinlein fans, you can see the portrait on display at the public
library in Butler, MO.

                Have a safe, happy holiday,

                        Jim Cunningham