Re: interest in Dinos

Jessica, your  'crazy dinosaur freak' here...
First dinosaur bone I ever saw was a sauropod leg bone. It was large,
gray and looked like (OH MY GOSH!) ROCK. I remember wondering how neat
it would be to see such an animal walking around downtown...
The sauropod leg was only in town for about a week, but it was neat.
I never saw another dinosaur bone until this summer, when I found one at
the local jewlery store. THe man who owns the store turns out to be a
collector of wierd old things...there's a mammuth tusk, the skeleton of
a 1 1/2(about) foot long sea-going reptile (a very nice skeleton from
Brazil, I think...) and there's a chunk of dinosaur bone. A very small
bit of red-brown bone about 6" square that looks to be a fragment from a
leg bone (well, that's my guess to what it is).
I have never been privaliged to see a full skeleton of any dinosaur up
close in real life, and my mom's been trying since 1st grade to get me
to stop with this 'nonsense'...
I'm not sure where I got my dinosaur interest, but it's here and it's
here to stay...
(If 10 or so years of being told dinosaurs were stupid and that I was
also stupid for even SAYING the word can't get me to give up my
fascination for dinosaurs, I suppose I'm incurable).
Hopefully this summer I'll get to see some 'real' dinosaurs on my trip
'out west'....

~Jessica,
the silly amature
who'll write back later, after feeding the local flock of bluejays who
are begging at her window.