Re: 2 questions "interest in paleontology"

     Hello Kat , I have personally passed the three score and ten , and for me
paleontology
and primarily mammogenesis  has nothing to do with  *age* or your edu.
background
I M O  good health and a clear mind ,  are   what really count if you have a
real desire to
learn anything in any field , *DON'T* hesitate a moment , go for it any way you
can ,
you will find all sorts of people that will give you help no matter what the
questions are
or how bad you think they sound . There is nothing so exhilarating as learning
something
new to be a fact , when you might have only held the thought in the back of
your mind kind of teasing you . One more thing , when you get up in years , the
future can look very short so don't put any thing aside for now or think maybe
tomorrow .
     Now why did I start into paleontology , since I was a youngster I lived on
a farm with animals and  have always
wondered why some legs were digitigrade and some plantigrade , and in those
days I didn't even know the words , when I retired I soon got tired of
traveling , and fishing ,
that is when I set out on a quest to find the answer to this question , and
found far more
questions than  answers , My life is very rich learning new things and such
nice people
to meet on the web. I hope this gives you some help and advice from a senior
citizen .
     Earl.

> Hello all,
>
> I am new to this list and have two questions.  First I would like to know if
> there is a digest version of this list.
>
> Also, I would like your opinions on something. I want to know when, if ever,
> is it too late to go into paleontology as a career?    Any advice you guys
> can help with would be *greatly* appreciated! :)
>
> Thanks very much and sorry for the long post.
>
> Kathryn

begin:          vcard
fn:             Earl Wood
n:              Wood;Earl
adr:            Amatuer Paleontologist;;Amatuer Mammologist;WW2 Veteran US Marine Air Force;Health Physisist US Atomic Energy Commission;National Reactor Testing Station   IdahoOTE TYPEpc;C E O  and Owner General Engineering Contractor
email;internet: candles@jps.net
title:
tel;work:        Retired
note: