Re: theropod sunglasses?

   You're right, but the Peregrin falcon, for example, uses a dark
stripe under the eye  to cut down on glare.  Is the sun that much more
intense, the higher up you go?  The sidewinder lives in desert-like
conditions, where the sun can be blistering ( the snake is constantly
bouncing across the sand to keep from burning its belly.)  And I imagine
the glare of the sun off of the sand would be pretty intense too.

-  Jordan Mallon