Re: FLIGHT VERSUS BROODING

At 10:28 AM 6/29/98 -0600, Jonathan R. Wagner wrote:
>        Of course, this leads us around in a circle. The evidence
>is by no means conclusive. Most of the arborial evidence may also
>be interpreted as cursorial evidence of some sort.

The question is, what sort of evidence can we use to distinguish this?

For instance, is *all* we had of squirrels were their skeletons, could we
tell that *some* of them were arboreal?  And could we distinguish *which*
squirrels were arboreal?

Personally, I look at _Compsognathus_ and see something that could easily
be semi-arboreal.

                                          sfriesen@netlock.com