Re: Amatuer.

At 01:11 PM 7/2/98 EDT, FALCON2426@aol.com wrote:
>I have to admit it.  I'm only 15, and I'm a complete amateur.  This
>is a lot harder than it looks.  I barely understand the e-mails that
>come through this list, and I've been trying to learn just about
>every word from www.dinosauria.com's "Anatomical Dictionary."  But
>its going any slow.

I have been at this quite some time, and I still do not know all of the
anatomical terms (I still get confused by some of the bone names: now lets
see, is the fibia in the arm or the leg?).

>  Does anyone have any advice on what I could do or read to start
>really getting into paleontology?  Thanks.

Well, to start, if there is some particular term you do not understand, I
rather think a note asking the definition would be quite acceptable on this
list.

I think you *may* be able to get some help out of some introductory texts
on comparative vertebrate anatomy (such as _The Vertebrate Body_ by Romer &
Parsons - except that is probably out of print - it was the textbook for my
undergraduate course in the subject many years ago).

                                          sfriesen@netlock.com