Re: Original The Lost World on TV

Just to identify what y'all actually saw, judging by the description of
the "after the movie" material, this is the "First State" restoration
that was done a number of years ago under the auspices of Scott
MacQueen  and the George Eastman House.

It is NOT THE CURRENT RESTORATION.

Basically that version which is still available through Milestone Video
in NYC (see D.I.G.'s video list) and LumiVision in Colorado, is a
preservation rather than a restoration. The original Laser Disk
contained a fair amount of interesting additional material including a
handfull of stills of cut scenes.

In the meanwhile, the film has been restored much more completely and a
COMPLETE set of stills was found in LA that has images for ALL of the
lost material. GEH has chosen for various political reasons not to
include that material in the restoration.

Sorry, folks, but you aint' seen nothing yet....

In addition the the current restoration, there is EIGHT MINUTES of
dinosaur material done by O'Brien that is still unseen except by a
handful of people.

And, dare I say, silent movies (unlike modern ones which for the most
part are "illustrated radio") were intended to be watched and not sort
of "peeked at" between trips to the bathroom and refrigerator.

ES

Sue Blakey wrote:

>SNIP
 Too bad the version that still exists cuts the

--
AOL IM Pager - DinoEditor
ichat PAGER - dinogazette

Dinosaur Central