Re: Sauropod diets: WAS Re: Interest in dinosaurs

Yes it is interesting, after all sauropods have gastroliths, the
"theropod" caudipteryx has gastropods and it has been previously posted
here that crocodiles use gastroliths not only as ballast but also to help
in digestion.  I am still curious as to the importance of the gastroliths
in Caudipteryx.
-Bill Parker
Northern Arizona University