Japanese writing.
From: Keith Marshall
To: zenlizard@juno.com
Ok, I basically have one reference manual which has the 881
grade school characters, the 941 high school characters and
some others to round out the total to 2000.  There are seven
'ryu's in it which mean:
        (artistic) school
        sulfur
        to bring to a stop, fasten
        willow tree
        dragon
        grain, drop (I take this to mean a large 'speck' of something)
        prosperous, high
It is true that a single characters can have as many as five meanings
depending on context but in this case I saw no alternate usages
for the dragon character and the first character seems to be a
plausable candidate for the -'way' usage. I hope this helps
                        ttfn,
                                Keith/Cedric/TigerBalm
Hope this clears up any possible confusion regarding the origin of
Japanese dinosaur names.
-zenlizard

When I die, I don't want a funeral.  I want a roast.  For those of you
who don't know, a roast is an event where the guests take turns insulting
the man/woman of honor.  That's right.  I want to be insulted.  And I
want it to be funny.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]