Re: illegal fossil sales?

People did get killed smuggling reptiles out of Madagascar a few years
back. They were killed by police, not by the courts. The country has stiff
laws against smuggling and exportation. The down side is that it's natural
habitat is going away at an alarming rate. Many species will be distroyed
due to loss of habitat.The question, hotly debated, is, should protected
species be purchased from a black market when it is certain they will be
distroyed in their natural habitat? Anyway, yeah, it's conceivable that
death could be imposed by a court for selling fossils.

Steve

Stephen Faust                   smfaust@edisto.cofc.edu