Re: CNN article(complete) on tiny Indian Dino eggs

CNN sez:
>What makes the finding unique is that the eggs are microscopic,

                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^??
>soft-shelled belonging to the late Gondwana Age, PTI quoted D. P. Das
>and P. M. Datta as saying.

snip...

>The new fossil eggs are, however, smaller than ampharyngodon <fish>
eggs,
>according to the geologists.

Oh, common!  I didn't fall off the turnip truck yesterday! (it was
actually a few years ago,and my head is much better now, thank you).
This is one of those moments when I wish I could ask Dr.s  Das and Datta
the following question:

If it doesn't quack like a duck, and it doesn't walk like a duck and it
doesn't
swim like a duck, then maybe it isn't a duck?

Well, I guess the parent could have been the size of a hummingbird,
so maybe I'm asking the wrong question.

Has anybody on the list actually read  Das and Datta's paper in _Current
Science Journal_?  It sounds to me as though they may have found fossil
turtle eggs.

                                            <pb>

bh162@scn.org     bigelowp@juno.com

"If all the young ladies who attended the Yale promenade dance were laid
end to end, no one would be the least suprised."    Dorothy Parker

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]