Re: Quaternary Park?

Dave L. Hardenbrook wrote:

> There's one point I haven't seen brought up yet in this debate --
> How can an animal like the mammoth, that evolved to live in an
> ice age climate, be expected to survive in a modern climate?

Recall that mammoths evolved (along with the other two varieties of
elephants) somewhere in northern Africa and radiated out from there.  I
suspect it was quite warm in that area, even during ice age times, and
that if the species were resurrected it would likely be able to adapt
fairly easily.  Dunno about diet, though; do we know what mammoths ate,
and how much of it's still around?