Re: dino listing

Andy Farke wrote:

> I don't know if it is easy (or possible) to determine what these 12
> genera might be.

I've told people about Mike Triebold's Sandy Site that is in the latest
Maastrichtian of South Dakota for a few years now. This site has a
faunal diveristy that rivals the Campanian. I told one paleontologist
about this (he's a slowing dying off therioist) and he said since it
hasn't been published it dosen't mean anything, well, he's wrong, it has
been published;

Triebold, Michael, 1997. The Sandy Site: Small Dinosaurs from the Hell
Creek Formation of South Dakota. In: Dinofest International, Proceedings
of a Symposium sponsered by Arizona State University. A Publication of
The Academy of Natural Sciences, edited by Donald L. Wolberg, Edmund
Sump, and Gary D. Rosenberg: 245-248.

The dinos are; Paronychodon, Dromaeosaurus, Saurornitholestes, Troodon,
Ornithomimus, Struthiomimus, Orcomimus (nomen nudum), caenaganthus,
Albertosaurus (I wouldn't be surpriesed if he hasn't found Tyrannosaurus
yet), Thescelosaurus, Edmontosaurus, 6 new ornithischian's based on
different caudals, Pachycephalosaurus, Stygimoloch, Stegoceras, and
Triceratops.

That's a bunch of dinosaurs that IMHO discounts gradual extinction.

Tracy