Re: Questions (feathered dilophosaur)

>At 08:30 AM 10/07/98 -0500, you wrote:
>>I was wondering how likely it is that "primitive" dinosaurs like
>>Herrasaurus had feathers?(with the discovery of that feathered
>>Dilophosaurus it seems possible that even Marasuchus could have had
>>feathers)
>
>Say what???
>--
>Ronald I. Orenstein                           Phone: (905) 820-7886
>International Wildlife Coalition              Fax/Modem: (905) 569-0116
>1825 Shady Creek Court
>Mississauga, Ontario, Canada L5L 3W2          mailto:ornstn@inforamp.net

The specimen referred to as AC 1/7 from the Lily Pond Quarry (Portland
Formation) in Massachusetts (part of the Hitchcock collection).
It is a resting imprint of a bipedal dinosaur consisting of the imprint of
the belly, ischiadic callosity and feet. Impressions from the belly print
suggest a furry integument, similar to that found on ducklings. (Gierlinski
1997 in Morales M. (ed), The Continental Jurassic. Museum of Northern
Arizona Bulletin 60: 179-184)

Gierlinski feels the trackmaker was a large ceratosaurian theropod and
helped create a wonderful feathered dilophosaur sculpture for the Polish
Institute in Warsaw which featured in the most recent Dinosaur World. I
suspect that this was what Ann Schmidt was referring to.

Cheerio
Brian Choo