Re: Questions (feathered dilophosaur)

The recreated Dilophosaurus with feathers does look cool-  very cool with
it's red roostery crests and all but it is NOT what you'd call a "discovery
of a feathered Dilophosaurus".  It is highly speculative, perhaps a
legitimate speculation based on some kind of possible evidence, but that's
about all.  Right?

----------
> From: B. Choo <bchoo@cyllene.uwa.edu.au>
> To: dinosaur@usc.edu
> Subject: Re: Questions (feathered dilophosaur)
> Date: Friday, July 10, 1998 10:18 AM
>
> >At 08:30 AM 10/07/98 -0500, you wrote:
> >>I was wondering how likely it is that "primitive" dinosaurs like
> >>Herrasaurus had feathers?(with the discovery of that feathered
> >>Dilophosaurus it seems possible that even Marasuchus could have had
> >>feathers)
> >
> >Say what???
> >--
> >Ronald I. Orenstein                           Phone: (905) 820-7886
> >International Wildlife Coalition              Fax/Modem: (905) 569-0116
> >1825 Shady Creek Court
> >Mississauga, Ontario, Canada L5L 3W2          mailto:ornstn@inforamp.net
> >

> The specimen referred to as AC 1/7 from the Lily Pond Quarry (Portland
> Formation) in Massachusetts (part of the Hitchcock collection).
> It is a resting imprint of a bipedal dinosaur consisting of the imprint
of
> the belly, ischiadic callosity and feet. Impressions from the belly print
> suggest a furry integument, similar to that found on ducklings.
(Gierlinski