Re: Stupid

Phil Bigelow wrote:

> On Sat, 04 Jul 1998 05:50:53 PDT "GOBI 2010" <gobi2010@hotmail.com>
> writes:
>
> >Dinosaur questions _not_ stupid? that's the first time I've been told
> >that in years (actually since grade K) by anyone who's not my age or
> >younger. Now that's something to boost one's self esteem.
>
> No, asking questions about dinosaurs is not stupid, and please gently
> remind your parents that when their children ask questions, it is not a
> sign of stupidity, but rather of intelligence.
>
> As you grow older, you will quickly find that there are *enough*
> unnecessary,  unsolicited problems that  you will have to deal with in
> life.  But being called "stupid" because you ask questions about
> dinosaurs  is one problem that you shouldn't *ever* have to deal with.
>
> The rule book says that the only people who are not allowed to ask
> questions are dead people.  Good rule, I say....I'm all for repressing
> the dead.
>                                       <pb>
>
> bh162@scn.org     bigelowp@juno.com

I still think the most important rule I learned was, "Ask at least one
stupid every day.  It's the only way you'll ever learn anything."  And I
even learned this in school!!

Not many people in this country struggle to provide themselves with food,
clothing, and shelter.  I don't know why the myth that richer food, more
expensive clothes and a bigger (or second) house is better than enjoying
your free time doing what you love is so widespread.

A final thought:  How often does, "What a stupid question!" mean, "I don't
know"?

--  Jon