Re: Cat-o-saur

In a message dated 98-07-12 15:53:49 EDT, Rachel Clark wrote:

<< I couldn't help but speculate on what they might end up naming this thing.
 How about ... Ailurosaurus?  Ailuroraptor?  Felinosaurus?  Saurailuroides?
 Catraptor?  We'll find out in a few years, I guess...>>

The first suggestion would cause consideable confusion with Owen's
Aelurosaurus (not that that seems to matter with most people doing the
naming), a genus already very easily confused (with Aelurodraco,
Aelurognathus, Aelurosauroides, Aelurosauropsis, and Aelurosuchus, among other
things.)

Sincerely,
Christian Kammerer

"I like really like dicynodonts, and I CAN eat a whole one! (as long as it's
Myosaurus)"