Dinosaur Genera List corrections #94

Thanks to Brian Choo and Graeme Worth (not to mention John Long and Ralph
Molnar!), we can now add genus #829 to the Dinosaur Genera List:

Ozraptor Long & Molnar, 1998

Type species is _Ozraptor subotaii_ Long & Molnar, 1998

Brian Choo wrote on May 18, 1998: "I was going to save this post
until after that but the holotype is now on public display and the name
used in the this mornings local newspaper (along with one of my uncredited
illustrations...*fume*)..."

This was apparently the earliest publication of the name in print, appearing
substantially before the formal publication (citation below).

Brian continued: "'Oz' is a colloquial abbreviation for Australia while
raptor...oh skip it. 'Subotai' is the swift running thief from the Conan saga
(no relation to the historical lackey of a certain mongol conqueror...). He's
that archer-guy with the moustache in the movie 'Conan the Barbarian'.

"The holotype is a distal fragment of a tibia from a smallish (2-3m)
tetanuran(?) theropod and is Australia's first skeletal Jurassic theropod
remains. It is distinctive in possessing astragular condyles that have a
angular, oblong shape. The holotype is from middle Jurassic deposits (170
million years old) from the Bringo railway cutting 20km east of Geraldton. It
was discovered by students in 1966 but was misidentified as a turtle until its
dinosaurian affinities were spotted by Dr John Long in 1989."

Long, J. and Molnar, R. (1998) A new Jurassic theropod dinosaur from
Western Australia. Records of the Western Australian Museum 19 (1); 221-229