Re: Sauropod drinking

        I remember reading an article in my Princ. of Paleontology course
concerning a professor who tried testing the plausibiliy of this theory
(large sauropods breathing while bodily immersed in water). He breathed
through a hose that would supposedly have given him relative fresh
air and pressure amouns to deal with as that of a submersed sauropod.
He died from congestive heart failure in the process. Then again, a
plesiosaur could breathe. Hmmm. Something to think about...

Chad Laibly
University of Iowa
Undergrad
chad-laibly@blue.weeg.uiowa.edu