Re: Sauropod drinking

Message text written by INTERNET:i.j.j.nieuwland@let.rug.nl

"Adrian Desmond also gives this example in the 'Hot-Blooded Dinosaurs'.
Robert Stigler, a Viennese scientist, started a series of experiments in
1907
(mainly on himself) in which he attempted to breathe through a hose while
tied to a plank which was lowered in the water. After having been lowered
to two metres beneath the surface, Stigler's blood pressure became so high
that he developed a chronic heart condition."

        If we don't get off this topic soon, _I'm_ going to start
drinking...

        ;-D

                _,_

Jerry D. Harris                         (505) 841-2809
Fossil Preparation Lab
New Mexico Museum of Natural History
1801 Mountain Rd NW
Albuquerque  NM  87104-1375             102354.2222@compuserve.com