Bottoms up! It's a sauropod thang

With all this talk on swimming sauropods I was
wondering if the old theory of them swimming
with their rumps floating to the top was still considered
to be true.

If I'm right it was thought that way due to sauropod
tracks that only showed the front feet.

Now it might just be me, but it seems awful strange for
an animal to swim like that (not to mention uncomfortable)
Wouldn't it make more sense for them to lash with their
tails in the water (they might not have been laterally compressed
but I'm sure they could do the job)

And is their any physical reason for the sauropods to have
swam with their tail end floating like that (intestinal gases
something involving the liver etc.)

Food for thought.

Archosaur J