Re: Sauropod drinking

On Wed, 15 Jul 1998, Ilja Nieuwland wrote:
> laibly@blue.weeg.uiowa.edu wrote:
> [... story of Viennese scientist (Back off man, I'm a scientist)
       trying to breathe through a hose while under water ...]

A sauropod's heart and lungs were already proportionately stronger
as they managed to pump blood and draw air through the long neck
and against their body mass. Herr Doktor Viennese's heart and lungs
simply weren't adequate models for this.

I'm sure somewhere there's an equation or two that deals with
this. Modeling techniques certainly could apply to this.

rich