Re: Dinosaur Blood

Tony Thulborn wrote:

SMALL SPHERES IN FOSSIL BONES: BLOOD CORPUSCLES OR DIAGENETIC PRODUCTS?
David M. Martill and David M. Unwin, Palaeontology, Vol. 40, Part 3,
1997, pp. 619-624

Abstract.  Mineralized spherical structures within blood vessels of an
archosaurian (possibly pterosaurian) limb bone from the Lower Cretaceous
of the Isle of Purbeck, Dorset, England, superficially resemble blood
corpuscles, but are shown here to be pyrite framboids. ..........
Previous records of so-called blood corpuscles within dinosaur bones may
also be of a purely diagenetic origin and should be re-examined.

Also contains several references later than 1993.