Re: Sauropod gas

  Andy Farke's question set me to thinking when suddenly everything clicked
and the scenario I describe below sprang to mind like some divine epiphany!

Consider this...starting some 210 million years ago, late Triassic, dinos
start to appear, sauropods begin their ascent and, lord, the output for
which they could be responsible.....it boggles the mind.  Then, with over
100 million years accumulation by the end of the Cretaceous we have all
this explosive gas floating about in an oxygen-rich environment.  In comes
a large flaming body from space at the time of the KT boundary and
WHOOOOMP!  Instant fried dino!!!
    The mystery is solved!  Dinosaurs were killed by flaming flatulence!
;-)

....Art, in Alaska....