Re: Resting Sauropods

At 10:43 14/07/98 -0700, David Krentz wrote:
>Subject:   Resting Sauropods                                 10:39 AM
>7/14/98
>
>  While we're all letting our noodles drift from little therapods to Giant
>Sauropods I'd like some to hear some educated  guesses regarding how they
>rested.

My guess is they just stood there. Giraffes do this - they are able to
somehow lock their legs.  As sauropods probably lived in herds (or whatever
the collective term is) they may well have slept propped up on each other.

I don't subscribe, however, to the argument that lying down caused damage
to their internal organs - these were powerful and robust animals, they
could never have evolved if they had that sort of problem !