Re: Resting and Dining Sauropods

Carbohydrates and protein have 3+cal/gm and fat ~9cal/gm.  Meat is protein and
fat so it's somewhere in between.  Plants have cellulose, etc., protein, and
carbohydrates too.  What's important is how many calories are ingested and more
importantly how effective the animal digests and uses them.  So without knowing
what they ate and what they ate were composed of and the physiology of their
digestive tracts et al then there is no answer.

Since they got so big I suspect they got a lot of calories somewhere.  Maybe
they drank beer and I'm only somewhat facetious.  Could they have fermented
"stuff" in multiple stomachs?

Michael Teuton