Re: Resting Sauropods

In a message dated 7/15/98 4:49:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time, I said (in part):

<< There aren't living tetrapod reptilian analogs (to dinosaurs), since they
are all cold-blooded sprawlers. >>

To which Archosaur responded (in part):

<>

Well, that's just absurd.  Name me a 4-legged bird?

<<Well that's an awfully dogmatic way of looking at it.>>

Well, then; name one.  Name me one _single_ extant, non-sprawling, reptilian
tetrapod that can be used as an analog for a straight legged, terrestrial,
4-legged dinosaur.  I don't know of any, but I'm always happy to learn.

(More flagrant than usual, but it's late.  Forgive me.)