Dinogeorge Digest #11

Subj:   Re: Oldest Coelurosaurian Found
Date:   98-07-16 04:26:38 EDT
From:   Dinogeorge
To:     MKIRKALDY

In a message dated 98-07-15 22:36:25 EDT, MKIRKALDY@aol.com writes:

<< "The therizinosauroid affinities of the specimen are indicated by the
 presence of a broad and flat shelf lateral to the tooth row and the
 few, large nutrient foramina below it; the downturned anterior end of
 the dentary; the decrease in the size of teeth posteriorly; the large
 number and small size of the teeth; and the morphology of the
 teeth." >>

Can't wait to read the paper. The questions I have are, Did the authors
compare the specimen with prosauropod and ornithischian jaws? and, What, if
any, features of the specimen are coelurian?

Subj:   Re: BFD