Mesozoic terrain

I believe it was L. Sprague de Camp in _Day of the Dinosaur_ who opined
that, since grass had not evolved during the Mesozoic, ipso facto the
terrain must have been cut up by erosion into innumerable gullies and
ravines of small, medium, and large size. If true, this would certainly have
had repercussions on dino locomotion and behavior.

Now it "seems" to me that the multi-tonners, pretty much across the board,
are not particularly well designed to negotiate this sort of rough terrain.

Comments?