Re: [Re: Resting Sauropods]

In a message dated 7/16/98 1:37:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time, gbabcock@best.com
writes:

<< So, as you can see, the colloquial (dictionary) meanings of "tetrapod" and
 "reptile" differ markedly from the cladistic meanings.  And it is proper to
 refer to a bird as a "reptile" and a "tetrapod," whether you feel
 comfortable with such labels or not.  I take it that you did not intend for
 us to apply the cladistic definitions to your words.

You and Tom Holtz are, of course, absolutely correct.  I was using the terms
in the colloquial sense.  Thanks for the corrections.