Re: Stupid Turkeys

I just had to add my two cents to the stupid turkey discussion.

I worked for a large scale turkey farm and breeding facility when
putting myself through university.  While I can't vouch for wild
turkeys, domestic turkeys are just plain dumb.

1) The pens on the farm were equipped with specially designed water
bowls which would keep a minimal amount of water in the bowl and shut
off while the bird was drinking because, on occasion, a turkey would
"forget" to lift its head and drown.  I've seen it happen.  Yes, they're
dumb.
2)  Large scale turkey farms regularly use artifical insemination to
reproduce because, left to their own devices, it doesn't necessarily
happen.(Don't ask how this works.  You don't want to go there!)