Forage availability and "yolking up."

A related question maybe to the excellent recent calcium question.
A study of heathland birds finds their reproductive timing is more closely
correlated with predator density than forage availability.

Would non-avian dinosaurs be more or less tied to such availability.
On one hand they need more forage to supply bigger eggs (and they need to
do this all in one shot unlike mammals which can supply embryo
incrementally).  On the other, the eggs are smaller in relation to body
size than most avians.  I also realize that some birds can fatten up over
time.  Non-avians didn't fly so I suppose they could have been less tied
to forage in the sense that they could carry more fat.

So, would you expect a big versus a small oviparous animal to be more
constrained by forage availability?