Re: Beautiful Fossils

Personally, I think the most beautiful (visually) fossil has got to be
Placenticeras Meeki, from the Bearpaw Formation (upper Cret.) in Southern
Alberta.  The shell of these ammonites look like opal.  I have just
finished preparing one, 15" in diameter, and it is every colour of the
rainbow!

If any list members would like to see this specimen before it gets shipped
(it should be going to the Philidelphia Academy of Natural Science, I
hope!!) pleas let me know, and I would be glad to send you a j-peg image.

Michael