Re: Bakker says

I think Bakker is correct in looking for a biological contributor in order
to explain the _pattern_ of extinction, not extinction _per se_.
But diseases don't do it for me.  First, diseases have never been known to
wipe out whole taxa.  For starters bacteria and virus are usually
species-specific, secondly diseases even within a single species don't
usually knock out the entire species.  Europeans devastated native
American populations with introduced diseases but they are far from
extinct.  I just don't think there is any real precedent for such a
theory.