Re: Bakker says

  Wanna here my theory on whodunnit? Well:
     There is one theory out there that I rather like (of course,
deciding on which theory of how the dinosaurs became extinct is like
shopping.) I saw on some dino TV show. It showed that some people took
samples of air from the Mesozoic that was trapped in small bubbles in
amber and measured the oxygen content of the air. The conclusion was
that the atmosphere in the Mesozoic was about ten percent higher than it
is today (another conclusion that one can draw from this is that several
million years from now, earth is going to have a nitrogen atmosphere and
little or no oxygen at all), and that the oxygen content of the air was
dropping as time went by, and this eventually killed the dinos off. It
also has something to do with the dinosaurs not having diaphragims.
   However, I don't think this theory would explain why all the other
critters survived, and just the dinos died off...

                                             Caleb Lewis