Re: Bakker says

Earl,
        Why did scavengers survive? For the same reasons they survive today!
They are either immune to the disease, or the microbe dies with the victim,
and the scavenger still isn't affected. A few years ago, a very large herd of
african hippo's died of anthrax, and it was a veritable feast for the crocks.
        Personally, I feel that it was a number of combined catastrophies over
a long
period of time that eventually doomed the dino's. I think that Bakker's idea
bears a lot of weight, and should not be discarded on one unknown possibility.
It is nice to speculate, but lets keep in mind the time frame we are concerned
with here.
Carl