[no subject]

Resting sauropods

I saw a program on beached pilot  whales (up to a few tons?) in Australia,
some of which stayed alive for a day and a night despite lung compression
problems, before being moved with human help.
Got me wondering if anyone had any data on life expectation of various
whales in these circumstances, which we could use for an analogy.
My own preference for sauropod lifestyle (for some species) is
semi-aquatic; it seems to me ideal to stand up to your shoulder in water
and use your (obligate?) near horizontal neck and peggy teeth  to sweep up
water plants in an arc around you. Why, you would even sweep up bits of
driftwood to give palaeologists the impression you ate twigs.
My 2p worth
martin