Re: Bakker says

I've been following this thread for awhile. History would suggest that in
human populations disease never kills everybody. Variation produces
resistance. There's been some close calls though. The Spanish pretty much
destroyed the indian populations they encountered in the Caribbean,
Central America, and in parts of South America. They got syphilis in
return, but what they carried back to Europe didn't just about wipe Europe
out.If variation among dinosaurs didn't approximate that seen in the
modern day cheetah, I would expect either an invading species or the
endemic one to survive.

Steve

Stephen Faust                   smfaust@edisto.cofc.edu