Re: SAUROPOD RESTING

The "typical" riverbed of the size that sauropods would be wading in is going to
have both soft and firm areas.  There will be exposed rock layers as well as
muddy areas.  I would think that in most areas the mud is not going to be too
much of a problem for the sauropods because the footprints would have to be a
couple of feet deep before the sauropod would notice significantly and it would
be easy enough for them to find plenty of places where they did not sink so
far.  So the answer is that certainly sauropods spent time in the waterways on
occasion and did not usually find it hazardous, much like the elephants of today
who depend on occasional forays into rivers, and yes, even mudpools.

Joe Daniel