Re: Bakker says

In a message dated 98-07-21 03:03:50 EDT, jbois@umd5.umd.edu writes:

<< > (Dr. Bakker has always emphasized that he sees the big mystery
 > as not why the Late Creatceous dinos died out -- because *all* species die
 > out -- but why no new dinosaur species evolved to take their place.)

 Yes.  That _is_ the issue!  Something unique about non-avian dinosaurs
 singled them out for harsh treatment.  But all God's creatures get sick. >>

He must have read a copy of Mesozoic Meanderings #2, where I asked this
question myself back in 1991. Also had an answer...