Re: Beautifully horrible

This may not be quite what was intended, but my vote for the
most horrible skull would be Piltdown man.  There is nothing
like this kind of fraud to give science a black eye.

At 07:08 PM 7/20/98 -0700, William Gibson Parker wrote:
>Most horrible skull.....Estemmenosuchus!!!!!
>
>-Bill Parker
>Northern Arizona University
>
>On Mon, 20 Jul 1998, John V Jackson wrote:
>
>> Just before the beautiful fossils thread started I was thinking of
asking what people's most horrible fossil skull was.  I think it's hard to
beat Rhamphorynchus - truly the stuff that nightmares are made of -
particularly with it's sclerotic rings in.