RE: prehistoric animal Q

At 14:08 -0400 22/7/98, Jeffrey Willson wrote:

>Well, I don't know if it's actually my *favorite*, but I have to admit a
>certain affection for *Scrotum humanum*  (the fossil!!!) just for the
>ingenuous goofiness of the situation.

Can someone explain why - other than sheer embarrassment - this name is not
accepted?  Sure, it's a misnomer, but shouldn't it retain at least the
status of a nomen dubium?

Heck, if anyone has figured out what the piece really belongs to, shouldn't
it take on the pre-existing Scrotum genus?  Or is it just a picture now?

Laurie Nyveen                                  lawrence@dsuper.net
Editor, Netsurfer Digest - <http://www.netsurf.com/nsd/index.html>
DNRC Minister of Adding "ue" to Words That End in "log"
"All we are, basically, are monkeys with car keys."
                             - Grandma Woody (Northern Exposure)