Re: prehistoric animal Q

I'd have to say my Ornate Bichir (Polypterus something-or-other), is
pretty darn swell.

She's up to about 14", has good yellow-and-black coloring on her fins,
has only eaten a FEW of her tank mates (the african butterfly fish
survivor is now in another tank), and impressed me when she learned to
shell and eat clams (also tank mates).  She likes goldfish better than
guppies, and eats the algae pellets I drop in for the pleco in the same
tank.  She also redecorates her 100 gallon tank by moving large rocks
and transplanting plant pots to new areas in her tank.  She also
occasionally comes when she's called.

-Betty